cognitive, behavioral, and affective domains Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you: Create a needs analysis for the identified need. Determine the learner characteristics for the….
Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
Task 1: Professional Nursing Practice
The purpose of this task is to develop a working knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics, and professional accountability and apply these concepts to your professional clinical practice. You will be required to think about real-life scenarios and how they relate to nursing codes in your professional practice.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
1. Explain how the identified theory from part A can be used to describe, explain, and predict excellent nursing practices.
2. Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
B. Discuss how the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century that has inspired your professional nursing practice.
1. Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures discussed in part B to your professional nursing practice.
2. Analyze how the two historical figures from part B have influenced your work as a nurse in the twenty-first century.
C. Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
1. Define the roles of these two organizations.
2. Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
3. Describe the implications associated with failure to maintain your licensure requirements.
4. Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
D. Discuss how the regulatory agencies define your nursing practice in the role of patient advocacy and patient safety.
1. Describe the implications associated with two regulatory agencies when a patient requests an alternative therapy.
PROFESSIONAL ROLES & VALUES
740.1.4: Professional Accountability – The graduate analyzes the responsibilities and accountability of the professional nurse.
740.1.5: Self Advocacy of the Nurse – The graduate integrates strategies of self-awareness and self-care into professional practice to ensure personal health and well-being.
740.1.7: Roles of the Nurse (WGU) – The graduate analyzes the roles of the nurse as a scientist, a detective, and a manager of the healing environment.
740.1.10: The Nursing Profession – The graduate applies historical and contemporary nursing theories and models to define their professional nursing practice.
740.1.13: The Professional Nurse – The graduate integrates knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the nursing profession into personal and professional interactions and ethical decision making.
740.1.15: Healthcare Work Environment – The graduate evaluates how the vision, values, mission, and philosophy of an organization align with an individual’s professional values, beliefs, and approaches to inter-professional collegiality.