What is the scientific community doing to attempt to eliminate the most common forms of cancer that are ravaging society?
Incidence of leukemia; non-Hodgkin lymphoma; lung, colorectal, breast, pancreatic, prostate, liver, ovarian, and esophageal cancers.
The global community is plagued by increasing incidence of leukemia; non-Hodgkin lymphoma; lung, colorectal, breast, pancreatic, prostate, liver, ovarian, and esophageal cancers. Other types of cancer exist but are less frequent. What is the scientific community doing to attempt to eliminate the most common forms of cancer that are ravaging society?
- Read the course textbook’s chapter on cell division, specifically the last section on how cells become cancerous. This is context for completing Individual Assignment 3.
- Watch the Presentation in Module/Week 4 entitled “Ways to Fight Cancer.” Notice that the presentation outlines essentially 3 approaches to fighting cancer: a) reduction of cancer risks, b) correction of cancer genes, and c) destruction of cancerous tissue.
- Open the “10 Discoveries in the War on Cancer” document in the Assignment Instructions folder. Scan the discoveries briefly. Then, open the assignment submission link in Module/Week 4. In the text box, number from 1 to 10 for the 10 discoveries.
- Reflect carefully on discovery 1. Would this discovery be more useful for a) reducing cancer risks, b) correcting/restoring cancer cells to normal, or c) destroying cancerous tissue? After number 1 in your list, place in parentheses the letter representing the approach to fighting cancer that will best be served by this new discovery. (More than 1 approach may be served, but which is most likely to be helped most significantly?)
- Repeat this analysis for each of the remaining 9 discoveries. Return to the “Ways to Fight Cancer” presentation as needed for additional perspective. When finished, your entire text box must be simple: a numbered (1–10) list of letters (a), (b) or (c). The assignment is now complete.
- Each correct association up to 8 correct answers is granted 7 points. If you get 9 or 10 out of 10, you get a perfect score (60 pts.) on the assignment.
Libery University (n.d.). 10 discoveries in the war on cancer [Word document]. Retrievd from https://learnadmin.liberty.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-12568728-dt-content-rid-105052270_1/xid-105052270_1.
Liberty University (n.d.). Ways to fight cancer [Presentation]. Retrieved from https://learnadmin.liberty.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-12568860-dt-content-rid-101909602_1/xid-101909602_1.
For a Customized Paper on the above or Related Topic, Place Your Order Now!
What We Offer:
100% Original Paper
On-time delivery guarantee
Automatic plagiarism check
100% money-back guarantee
100% Privacy and Confidentiality