Why is it necessary to align organizational and IS/T strategies? How can this be done?
1. Please make sure you have a total of three (3) pages (including this one) containing seven main questions.
2. Be brief and to the point in your answers indicating the logic necessary to justify your answer. Answers by themselves will not even get you a passing grade.
3. You can use any published resource and your own notes for this examination. In fact, it is recommended that you do an internet search for some recent literature for each question asked.
4. use the text book to answer the questions (Pearlson, K. E., Suanders, C. S., and Galletta, D. F.,Managing and Using InformationSystems: A Strategic Approach(Sixth Edition), Wiley, 2016.).
1. On the basis of your study of our textbooks, articles through internet search, several class discussions, and your knowledge and experience (due to this course or otherwise), write an essay that includes the answers to the following questions:
(a) What is the role of Information Systems and Technology (IS/T) in the business
(b) How does the IS/T improve the competitive position of a firm?
(c) Why is it necessary to align organizational and IS/T strategies? How can this
(d) Why do the firms not include Information Systems and Technology in their
corporate strategy formulation? (20 points)
2. On the basis of your study of our textbooks, articles through internet search, several class discussions, and your knowledge and experience (due to this course or otherwise), write an essay that describes the views you have developed about the
current and rapidly emerging/changing role IS/T strategy play in delivering strategic
and competitive value of IS/T and the approach you will use to convince top
executives to increase their emphasis on the formulation and used of IS/T strategy
in alignment with an organization’s corporate strategy. (20 points)
3. On the basis of your study of our textbooks, articles through internet search, several class discussions, and your knowledge and experience (due to this course or otherwise) about the issues related with the governance of IS/T, write an essay that describes the views you have developed about various IS/T governance models and their impact on an organizational ability to perform well to achieve its goals and
objectives. Using the two cast studies discussed in class, Alcan and Enterprise IT
at CISCO cases, please discuss the possible ways you will use to transition from a
problematic IT Governance to the desired IS/T governance model. (20 points)
4. Please analyze the case The FBI on pages 73-74 of the textbook by Pearlson et al
and provide answers to the questions asked on page 74. (15 points)
5. Please thoroughly analyze the case IT Governance at University of the Southeast
on pages 205-206 of the textbook by Pearlson and provide answers to the questions asked on page 206. (15 points)
6. Now that you have selected your team project, please write a brief essay about it
including the answers to the following questions:
(a) What is the main purpose of your project?
(b) Why did you specifically select this project?
(c) What will your project accomplish?
(d) How does your project relate to the IS 491 course in terms of the IS/T management,
strategy and strategic planning for IS in an organization?
(e) How would you be able to use the knowledge and skills from earlier courses
that you have taken in your MS-IS program?
(f) What are your specific contributions to this project?
(g) What hurdles do you see in your way to complete this project? How do you
plan to overcome these hurdles?
(h) What would you recommend to your team members to create maximum value
out of this project?
(i) What do you expect will be the lessons learned from this project?
What We Offer:
100% Original Paper
On-Time Delivery Guarantee
Automatic Plagiarism Check
100% Money-Back Guarantee
100% Privacy and Confidentiality
24/7 Support Service
Save Your Time for More Important Things!
Let a professional tutor with over 10+ years’ experience writes a custom paper for you on this topic