sociological research process
sociological research process
By now, you have practiced and should understand the sociological research process. You also have a good handle on how the major sociological theories explain social issues. Now, it’s your turn to apply this knowledge. For your final assignment, you’ll review a research article to identify the research conclusion. Then, you’ll take another look at that conclusion from the perspective of one of the major sociological theories.
Instructions: Complete all three parts of the assignment by following the instructions below.
PART A: WHAT DID THE RESEARCHERS LEARN? 1) Article Review:
a) Prepare to complete your assignment by reviewing the articles below. Select one for the focus of your assignment.
• Money, Not Access, Key to Resident Food Choices in ‘Food Deserts’ https://news.ncsu.edu/2017/03/moneyfood-deserts-2017/
• “The narrowing, but persistent, gender gap in pay” http://www.pewresearch.org/facttank/2017/04/03/gender-pay-gap-facts/
• “Bridging a Digital Divide That Leaves Schoolchildren Behind” https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/ technology/fcc-internet-access-school.html
b) Review your selected article several times to familiarize yourself with the content before going to the next step of this assignment.
2) Learn: Use the research information in the article to answer the questions below. You should write at least one paragraph for this step. Refer to Chapter 2 of your webtext as necessary.
a) What were the key findings of the research?
b) What conclusion was drawn from the research?
PART B: WHAT WOULD THE THEORIES SAY? Remember: The four major sociological theories are Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, and Rational Choice Theory. For more information, review Sections 1.8 – 1.12 in your webtext.
Use one of the four major sociological theories to explain the key findings in the research article you reviewed in Part A. You should write two paragraphs, one for each question.
a) How would this theory explain the key findings or conclusion of the research in the article?
b) What limitations does this theory demonstrate in addressing the problem examined in the research article?
PART C: WHAT DO YOU THINK? Use your article to help answer the questions below. You should write two paragraphs, one for each question.
a) What would you suggest to address this problem?
b) What additional research would you conduct to help address the problem examined in the research article?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Use Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
• Use section headers (Learn, Theory, and Solution) and write left indented paragraphs under each corresponding section.
• References are not required for this assignment as you will use one of the assigned articles and your webtext.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
What We Offer:
100% Original Paper
On-Time Delivery Guarantee
Automatic Plagiarism Check
100% Money-Back Guarantee
100% Privacy and Confidentiality
24/7 Support Service
Save Your Time for More Important Things!
Let a professional tutor with over 10+ years’ experience writes a custom paper for you on this topic