Select a learning theories and the principles you think are most useful to Advanced Practice Nurses and why you think these theories are most effective. Describe how you would apply these theories in educating patients on how to manage a chronic disease in order to improve their quality of life and reduce hospital readmissions. (Examples of chronic diseases are Congestive Heart Failure or Kidney Disease).
- Learning is gaining knowledge, understanding, or skills through experience.
- Nurses spend much time involved in learning personally and teaching others.
- For advanced practice nurses, this process is reflective of leadership, administration, and planning roles.
- Success depends upon effective teaching and learning methods based on motivation.
- Learning intends to describe, explain, or predict how learning occurs.
- Four theories are widely recognized:
- Focuses on what is directly observable in learning—stimulus conditions (S) and response (R) to them.
- Learning is based on associations between stimuli and responses, or the S-R model.
- Learning can be changed by modifying either the stimulus or the response.
- S-R associations are often followed by reinforcement.
- Focuses on perceptions, reasoning, memory, development, and processing.
- Thinking and reasoning develop in stages over the lifespan.
- Individuals’ approaches to learning reflect their level of cognitive development and past experiences.
- Information is incorporated, organized, and interpreted in relation to what the learner already knows.
Evolved from Freud’s theory of personality development.
Emphasizes individual motivation to seek pleasure and avoid pain.
Personality conceptualized in three parts:
Id—primitive drives that seek gratification
Superego—internalized social values and norms
Erikson expanded on the theory by proposing eight stages of personality development.
- Healthcare data suggests that designing programs around learning theories enhances their success.
What We Offer:
100% Original Paper
On-Time Delivery Guarantee
Automatic Plagiarism Check
100% Money-Back Guarantee
100% Privacy and Confidentiality
24/7 Support Service
Save Your Time for More Important Things!
Let a professional tutor with over 10+ years’ experience writes a custom paper for you on this topic