The Haka was initially a pyrrhic dance.
After researching examples of these ten world dances on Wikipedia, YouTube and other sources please answer the posed twenty true or false questions.
The Electric Slide
TRUE or FALSE?
- The Haka was initially a pyrrhic dance.
- The Haka requires a sophisticated use of gesture for its successful performance.
3.Like the Haka, the Hula is also a pyrrhic dance.
- The Hula requires a sophisticated use of gesture for a satisfying performance.
- The Tlingit is a dance found only in South America.
- Bharatya Natyam was originally danced in Indian Temples.
- Bharatya Natyam requires a sophisticated use of gesture for its successful performance.
- Bharatya Natyam is always danced in male/female couples.
- Flamenco is the dance of Spanish gypsies.
- Flamenco features the use of bare feet pawing the ground.
- It is said that the energetic antics of the Charleston are an imitation of African dancing.
- The Charleston was popular during the 1890’s.
- The Electric Slide is most often danced in large social groups.
- The Electric Slide requires a sophistical control of gesture for successful performance.
- The Tinikling is a dance found only in Alaska.
- The Tinikling is a dance that can be done alone.
- The Polka is a slow relaxing dance.
- At weddings and other social functions, the Polka is danced in couples.
- The Macarena is a slow relaxing dance.
- The Macarena requires a very sophisticate control of gesture for it successful performance.
- [catposts name=”Music”]