Mood disorders—major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, cyclothymic disorder, or bipolar disorder.
Select one of the mood disorders—major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, cyclothymic disorder, or bipolar disorder—from the Film List.
Use the Research Analysis to complete this assignment.
Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that discusses research-based interventions to treat psychopathology.
Review and differentiate the characteristics of the selected disorder and discuss the research about intervention strategies for the disorder by completing the following:
- Evaluate three peer-reviewed research studies using the Research Analysis. Please see the posted Announcement concerning how to write about research studies.
- Conceptualize the disorder using the biopsychosocial or diathesis-stress models. In order to receive full credit for this objective you will need to demonstrate how each element of the model causes or exacerbates the disorder you have selected. For example, how do the elements of biology, psychology, and sociology interact to create and/or make the disorder worse? Addressing each of these in regards to how they independently create and or make the disorder worse does not fulfill this requirement. The diathesis-stress model is, in general, easier to explain for most disorders you will write about for this course.
- Discuss the treatments or interventions that have been shown to be the most effective for your selected disorder. Why?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed sources for the first objective and one each for the second and third objectives. These five peer-reviewed sources should not be repeated in the paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
For a Customized Paper on the above or Related Topic, Place Your Order Now!
What We Guarantee:
- 100% Original Paper
- On-Time Delivery Guarantee
- Automatic Plagiarism Check
- 100% Money-Back
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- 24/7 Support Service