Describe the organization and comment on the HR change that the organization should make. Utilize effective diagnostic tools to assess the organizations ability to change. Support assertions with theoretical evidence.
Kotter Change Plan
In this assignment, you will combine the previous four (4) assignments into a proposal that you could present to the executive leadership and board members. You will argue the value of the change management plan to the overall success of the organization. Add to your previous submissions a plan for sustaining the change in the long run.
Write a six to ten (6-10) page paper in which you:
Section I: Organization: Describe the organization and comment on the HR change that the organization should make. Utilize effective diagnostic tools to assess the organizations ability to change. Support assertions with theoretical evidence.
- Describe the company in terms of industry, size, number of employees, and history.
- Analyze in detail the current HR practice, policy, process, or procedure that you believe should be changed.
- Formulate three (3) valid reasons for the proposed change based on current change management theories.
- Appraise the diagnostic tools that you can use to determine an organization’s readiness for change. Propose two (2) diagnostic tools which you can utilize to determine if the organization is ready for change. Defend why you believe the diagnostic tools selected are the best choice for diagnosing change in the organization.
- Using one (1) of the diagnostic tools you selected, assess the organization’s readiness for change.
- Provide results of the diagnostic analysis
- Explain the results
- Interpret whether or not the organization is ready for change. Substantiate your conclusion by referencing current change management theories.
Section II: Kotter Change Plan: Utilizing the Kotter eight (8) step method of change, create a solid change management plan for the HR initiative you identified as requiring improvement.
- Ascertain how each of the steps applies to your specific organization.
- Develop a strategy that illustrates how you would address each of the eight (8) stages of change:
- Establishing a sense of urgency
- Creating coalition
- Developing vision and strategy
- Communicating the vision
- Empowering broad-based action
- Generating short-term wins
- Consolidating gains and producing more change
- Anchoring new approaches into the culture