Select and describe a nursing theory to guide your practice
Describe a nursing theory: Practicum Experience – Journal Entry
As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to connect your classroom experience to your Practicum Experience. By applying the concepts that you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you enhance your professional competency. Each week, you will reflect on your Practicum Experiences and relate them to the material presented in the classroom. This week, you begin your Practicum Experiences and will write your first Practicum Journal.
To prepare for this course’s Practicum Experience, address the following in your first Practicum Journal:
- Select and describe a nursing theory to guide your practice.
- Develop goals and objectives for your Practicum Experience in this course. When developing your goals and objectives, be sure to keep the seven domains of practice in mind.
- Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
In a two-page journal entry, you should do the following:
- Describe your practicum goals and objectives using the seven domains of practice
- Discuss a nursing theory that would be used to guide your practice.
- Include APA-style citations and references