Describe the concept of federalism and the doctrine of separation of powers
The doctrine of separation of powers
- Describe the concept of federalism and the doctrine of separation of powers.
- Define and apply the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution.
- Explain the federal government’s authority to regulate interstate commerce and foreign commerce.
- Explain how the freedoms of speech, assembly, religion, and the press are protected by the First Amendment and how commercial speech may be limited.
- Explain the doctrines of equal protection and due process.
- List and describe intentional torts against persons.
- List and explain the elements necessary to prove negligence.
- List and describe business-related torts.