Organizational Goals Analysis
Organizational Goals Analysis
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
This assessment has three-parts. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
Part I: Organizational Goals Analysis
You have just obtained a management position within the Lockeport Medical Center Human Resources Department. You have been asked to assist in aligning workforce capacity with the organizational needs of the organization in order to ensure delivery of cost-effective, high-quality healthcare. You must first become familiar with Lockeport Medical Center by reviewing the document “Organizational Description—Lockeport Medical Center.” Based on the organizational description address the following: (5–7 pages)
- Infer five organizational goals of the Lockeport Medical Center, and explain why the goals are essential to the operational success of this medical center.
- Infer five values of the Lockeport Medical Center, and explain what the values communicate about this organization.
- Describe five key employee traits or qualities relevant to and necessary to fulfill the described organizational goals, and explain how each key employee trait or quality is essential to achieve the organizational goals.
- Identify 10 potential positions necessary to achieve the organizational goals, and create an organizational chart reflecting these positions.
- Explain how these positions will help Lockeport Medical Center achieve its organizational goals.
Part II: Compensation Methods
In your training, you have learned that developing an effective compensation method is essential to a company’s employee turnover and retention. Now, you must demonstrate your understanding of compensation methods by developing a 15-slide presentation with audio narration to present to the human resources director. Your presentation should:
- Describe three different compensation methods for support staff and two different compensation methods for physicians.
- Describe two advantages and two disadvantages of designing, implementing, and using these methods.
- Recommend one compensation method to be used for physicians and one compensation method for support staff, and defend why you made each recommendation.
- Explain the impact of compensation on the recruitment of support staff and physicians at Lockeport Medical Center.
Part III: Job Description
You have now been asked to write a job description that aligns with the goals of the organization for one of the key positions you identified in Part I.
- Complete the “Job Requirements Matrix” for one key position at Lockeport Medical Center.
- Create a job description for the key position. (Use the sample “Job Description” as a guide.)