Identify and discuss the current operational and other challenges confronting security directors and possible solutions to those challenges.
challenges confronting security
Project 1: Preparing for a Speech Before a Security Professional Organization
Scenario: You are the Corporate Security Director for XYZ and a recognized leader in the security profession. You accept an invitation to speak at the ASIS International Seminar and Exhibits about the various security operational and other challenges with which organizations are confronted in protecting assets and possible solutions. Because of your expertise, you are asked to discussin detail a security director’s various professional responsibilities in today’s world, including loss prevention, investigation, administrative, and managerial functions and the critical skills required of a security director to fully succeed in accomplishing the protective mission. You are also asked to address the importance for a security director to develop strong working relationships with various internal and external entities and provide examples how these associations will promote a successful security operation.
Writing Assignment: After conducting the appropriate academic research using at least three different sources, write a speech that comprehensively addresses the following:
(1) Provide a “welcome” statement and a strong introduction describing to the audience the purpose of your speech.
(2) Identify and discuss the current operational and other challenges confronting security directors and possible solutions to those challenges.
(3) Identify and discuss in detail a security director’s various professional responsibilities in today’s world, including loss prevention, investigation, administrative, and managerial functions.
(4) Identify and discuss the critical skills required of a security director to fully succeed in protecting an organization’s assets.
(5) Identify and discuss the significance in establishing strong internal and external relationships to meet security operational objectives and provide examples of the individuals and groups with whom partnerships must be forged.
(6) Provide concluding remarks that summarize your presentation and close your speech with an invitation for the audience to participate in a question/answer discussion session.
Note: One or more of your research sources may include interviews with properly documented private sector security professionalsin a position to respond to the types of questions required to ascertain the information to write this speech. Students will identify these individuals and their titles to the course instructor one week before the project due date. Also, in organizing your written speech, you should consider using short sub-titles (e.g., Operational and Other Challenges and Solutions; Loss Prevention Role; Investigation Role; etc.) for distinct areas cited above so you do not inadvertently omit a project requirement.
Use the American Psychological Association (APA) style manual in writing this paper. The paper should begin with an appropriate introductory statement about the topic and include a reference page. You may access the following UMUC website as a reference for APA style requirements: http://www.umuc.edu/library/libhow/gethelp-citing.cfm
- Paper should be a minimum of 1,000 to 1,250 words
- Double spaced
- 12 pt. font
- 1” margins
- Use APA citations for all sources
- Include reference page using APA format guidelines (not included in word count)
Additionally – Create a cover page for your assignment (not included in word count)
- Include your name
- Course title and number
- Project title
- Date of submission