Quick ‘n’ Dirty
Quick ‘n’ Dirty
Please watch the required video tutorial Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by clicking on the video below. Runtime: 4:15 min.
Click here for the Quick ‘n’ Dirty Transcript.
Write a one- to two-page essay that describes the benefits of using the Ashford University Library. Your paper should:
- Explain the differences between scholarly resources and popular resources.
- Describe the key things to remember when searching for sources within the Ashford University Library (e.g., databases, FindIt@AU search tool).
- Detail how you will be most effective and efficient in finding resources that fit your research needs.
Format your paper according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your paper should demonstrate your ability to use the functions within MS Word to create a document with the following elements:
- A title page (see below for specific information to include on this page)
- Page numbers located in the top, right corner of the page (header page number function)
- Paragraphs that are double spaced with the first line indented by .5 inch (line spacing function)
- Page margins set to one inch on all four sides (margins function)
- Spelling and grammar check (spelling & grammar function)
- Must be one to two pages in length (excluding title page and reference page) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement. Statements such as “This paper is about…” or “I am going to tell you…” are not acceptable in college-level writing.
- Must address the topic of this paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least one source in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style .