Analyze the entrepreneurial process to determine where a company is in the process and how to implement change successfully.
You have done a tremendous amount of research, planning, and strategizing to complete the key elements of your business plan. Now it is time to pull it all together by combining assignments 1, 2, and 3 into one (1) final business plan document (make sure to make the necessary corrections based on your instructor’s feedback). Next, you will write a one-page executive summary and insert this section at the beginning of your final business plan.
As you know, the ability of a business owner to create and deliver a strong presentation about the core aspects and value proposition of their business model is a critical skill to move the project forward. Therefore, you will be tasked with creating a PowerPoint presentation covering the main elements of your business plan. First, develop a PowerPoint that describes the major sections of your business model that were identified in your written assignments. Next, decide which method of presentation you will use: a PowerPoint with audio narration on each slice, a webcam or Kaltura video recording of you presenting your business concept, or a PowerPoint that includes detailed speaker notes using the notes section.
Note: This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a finalized written business plan and a business plan PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Finalized Written Business Plan (75 points)
You are now in the final stage of the business plan development. All previous documentation must be combined into one (1) document that will serve as the statement of work for the business plan. Your goal is to have the plan approved by the executive team in the venture capital group. The business plan is very detailed. However, the executive team is only interested in a ten (10) minute summation. Therefore, you also must create a compelling executive summary, in which you justify your new product or service venture and how it would benefit the company.
- Write a one (1) page Executive Summary that you will include at the beginning of your revised business plan.
Section 2: Business Plan PowerPoint Presentation (180 points)
In addition to your written executive summary, you will provide the venture capital group with a presentation addressing all major points of your business plan.
- Create a eight to ten (8-10) slide PowerPoint presentation (not including the title or references slides) in which you:
- Present the major elements of your business plan. Note: Follow the outline of your paper, starting with the executive summary and make sure to use headings to identify the sections.
- Provide a rationale for each major point of your business plan and justify why this venture should be undertaken.
- Provide a summary slide that provides your conclusion and recommendations.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for the presentation to the executive board in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the entrepreneurial process to determine where a company is in the process and how to implement change successfully.
- Examine entrepreneurial intentions and strategies to support entrepreneurship.
- Examine the creativity and business idea process, and the materialization of domestic and foreign market entry opportunities.
- Analyze the financial planning process for a new venture.
- Analyze the process of protecting the new venture idea and legitimizing it through a formalized business plan.
- Analyze different sources of capital to determine the appropriate financing for a business venture.
- Examine the marketing planning process for new ventures.
- Analyze the strategies for managing growth, the implications for growth, and sources for business growth.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Write clearly and concisely about entrepreneurship and innovation using proper writing mechanics.