Developing an IMC program involves setting appropriate goals, deciding on the appropriate message and tone, and selecting media.
Developing an IMC program
An area that marketing executives must manage is integrated marketing communications (IMC), which includes social media, experience design, and advertising. Communications decisions have changed over the past decade due to the Internet and other technological advances. Developing an IMC program involves setting appropriate goals, deciding on the appropriate message and tone, and selecting media. It also involves developing a media plan, setting a budget, and evaluating or measuring the effectiveness of the IMC plan.
- Use the Argosy University online library resources to identify five peer-reviewed academic articles related to social media, advertising, and experience design strategies.
- Examine the IMC strategy for a current product. Include pictures and advertisements or links to advertisements if possible.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses within the strategy.
- Examine what effect IMC strategies have on marketing management.
- Evaluate and compare the communication strategies for the product you chose against those of a competitor. Use the literature to explain why one approach is superior to another.
Write a 4–6-page report in Word format. Utilize at least five scholarly sources in your research