Conducting an Interview
Assignment 4: Conducting an Interview – Capstone Project
Due Week 10 and worth 350 points
Congratulations! You have the foundation for your HR department in place, and you are ready to select your staff. You must make sure that you are selecting the best talents for your HR department. You are now receiving resumes from recent graduates of Masters of Human Research Management (MHRM) programs, and you must prepare to interview the candidates.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
1. Review the resume and cover letter you received from your job posting in the Week 8 discussion. Next, critique the competitive advantage you are predicting from the potential candidate. Provide a rationale for your critique.
2. Indicate the interview type you will be using (i.e., phone, video, in person). Next, determine one (1) challenge that may arise with this type of interview. Develop a plan to mitigate this challenge and minimize its impact on your interview.
3. Create the interview form. Use the job description from Week 7 Assignment 3 to write the interview questions.
- Note: The interview form should be incorporated into the paper and is counted towards the total page length requirement for this assignment.
- Hint: Review the article “Types of Interviews”
4. Conduct the interview with your potential candidate via Google Hangouts, video conferencing, telephone or any other appropriate technology. Input the interview information onto the form you created.
5. Write a brief summary of your experience conducting the interview. Indicate in the summary whether or not you have chosen this candidate for the position. Include the ethical decision-making abilities that went into your decision. Provide a rationale for your decision.
6. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Cite the resources you have used to complete the assignment. Note: There is no minimum requirement for the number of resources used in the assignment.