Utilize Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory to address the topic of motivations for and influences on bullying. .
Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory
Prior to completing this discussion, please read the Shetgiri et. al (2012) article, review the information from chapter 1 about Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological theory, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance. Your post must be a minimum of 300 words and you must cite all your sources.
Utilize Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory to address the topic of motivations for and influences on bullying.
- Using each of the five systems in Bronfenbrenner’s theory, identify and describe how a child’s environment might pre-dispose him or her to bully.
- For example, within a person’s microsystem are the parents. How might parents be an influencing factor on whether or not a child is prone to bullying?
- Find and report (with proper citation) one current statistic on the factors influencing school bullying behaviors.
- Does this statistic seem to follow the same trend supported by Bronfenbrenner’s theory? If not, explain how it challenges the theory.
- Then, reflect on friendships in childhood and adolescence and address the positive and negative influences that they can have on bullying behaviors.
- Finally, utilize problem-solving techniques in exploring developmental issues, grounded in child development, in order to provide one unique solution to reduce or completely end bullying