What is the philosopher’s way.
What is the philosopher’s way
1. Who in your life do you consider to be ‘wise’ and why?
2. How do you understand what ‘wisdom’ is and how does one ‘obtain’ or ‘achieve’ it.
3. What is your interpretation of the pre-Socratic philosophers as being the first scientists/philosophers?
4. What kind of person and thinker do you think Socrates was?
5. How can educators and teachers and mentors serve as midwifes?
6. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the ‘Socratic Method’?
7. What do you make of the ‘Sophists’? Who in today’s society are modern-day ‘Sophists’?
8. Why do you think Socrates was put on trial? And then executed?
9. Who in today’s modern world would you consider to be a “Socrates-like” person?
10. Do you agree or disagree with Socrates that “An Unexamined Life is not worth living?”
11. Do you agree or disagree with Socrates who said that “The truth lies within each of us”?
12. Socrates posted the following challenge to his fellow citizens: “…are you not ashamed of heaping up the greatest amount of money and honor and reputation, and caring so little about wisdom and truth and the greatest improvement of the soul? Do you think that this challenge is still relevant today? Why or why not
13. Socrates was very concerned with the psyche or soul. He considered himself a physician of the soul. How do you feel about a soul?