First Steps on Becoming a Grassroots Lobbyist/Advocate for Health Care Policy
Grassroots Lobbyist/Advocate for Health Care Policy
- Imagine that you are going to make a visit to your representative in Congress. Develop a one-page document that supports your position on the AHCA that you would leave with your representative or his or her aide when you make your visit. This one-pager, also called a “leave behind,” should state your position clearly in bullet points and give your reasons why your position is preferred. This “leave behind” should have 1 inch margins and utilize 14-point font throughout. If you were making this visit in person, you would present your “leave behind” to the person with whom you speak during your visit. Include a second page that describes your rationale for the position in your “leave behind” page supported by at least two journal articles.
- Write a two-page brief to describe the scenario surrounding your legislative visit. Understanding the political affiliation of your representative, include answers to the following:
- Was your member in support or in opposition to the AHCA?
- State three points that you would cover in support or opposition to your representative’s position.
- How does your nursing experience influence the advocacy position that you take on the AHCA?
- Submit your response in a 4-page Microsoft Word document.
- Name your document SU_NSG4068_W3_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite sources in the APA format on a separate page.