Select one form of art to study more in depth — ROMANESQUE CULTURE
- Preparing for your assignment: Research and answer ALL parts of EACH question below.
- QUESTION 1:
- Select one form of art to study more in depth — ROMANESQUE CULTURE
- Read about it in the textbook and prepare a paragraph summary.
- Next research your choice on the Internet finding a minimum of three URL’s. Be sure to cite your resources correctly within this part of the question.
- Conclude your answer to this question with a good summary paragraph of what you learned, thoughts, reactions, feelings, etc
- QUESTION 1:
- QUESTION 2: GOTHIC AND LATE MIDDLE AGES
- Answer ONE ONLY of the following questions.
- Compare the concept of human nature that emerges in the art, architecture and literature of the Late Middle Ages to the views of the early medieval period. How are these views similar or dissimilar to our contemporary views? Explain.
- What does the Gothic style of architecture encompass? What are its distinguishing characteristics. How does it style compare to the architecture of Greece and Rome? Do you like it? Why or why not? What buildings in your community have you seen that represent the style?
- Medieval art is highly symbolic. Discuss the symbology found in the various art works of the time. Give examples. Are any of those symbols found in contemporary art? Give examples.
- Conclude your answer to this question with a good summary paragraph of what you learned, thoughts, reactions, feelings, etc.
Resources Your textbook as well as the WWW