Video Game Addiction
Instructions & Guidelines:
Assignment 1: Problems Children Face: – This assignment is due at the end Week 3. This assignment will allow you to choose from the six (6) problems children experience daily.
1. Video Game Addiction
2. Exposure to Violence at Home
3. Children and Substance Abuse
4. Cyberbullying (Online Bullying)
5. Children Watching Porn
6. Children and Eating Disorders
Assignment 1: Problems Children Face
Due: Sunday at 11:59 p.m. at the end of Week 3
In Assignment 1: You will choose one of the six (6) problems children experience daily.
- Describe the problem
- How common is this problem?
- Who is affected by the problem?
- What theories explain this problem?
- Has the problem changed over the last decade?
- How credible is the research you found related to this problem?
- Is there generally a consensus about the key aspects of the problems, or is there a lot of controversy?
Research Paper or Opinion Paper?
Research, NOT opinion
Number of published, peer-reviewed sources required; must all be published within the last 8 years
- Course Readings may be used as one of the resources.
- Do not use any direct quotes from any sources
Length required (not including title page and references
- Tables, graphs, charts, lists, figures, etc. may be used, however do not count toward the length requirement
Reference style required
American Psychological Association, 6th edition
Microsoft Word document submitted as attachment in Assignment Submission area. Do not attach to a Message or email, and do not paste into Submission text box.
Student exhibits a defined and clear understanding of the assignment. The student provides a detailed description of one (1) of the problems children experience daily.
Student demonstrates proficient command of the subject matter in the assignment. Assignment shows an impressive level of depth of student’s ability to relate course content to practical examples and applications.
Student provides well-supported ideas and reflection with a variety of current and/or worldviews in the assignment. Student presents a genuine intellectual development of ideas throughout assignment.
Evidence of research for materials/content is listed using APA format.
Clarity of writing style Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling