What made the use of African slaves so appealing to colonists?
- Why were people’s status based on the condition (slave or free) of their mother?
- What made the use of African slaves so appealing to colonists?
- Georgia originated as a slave-free colony. Why? Why did it fail to stay slave free?
- What impact did the horse have on Native Americans’ ways of life, cultures and traditions?
- The Statue of Liberty has the quotation, “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” How did the events from 1713 to 1763 represent this idea? Does the United States still represent this idea today? Why or why not?
- What was the message of the Great Awakening? And why was that message so appealing to a wide variety of people?
- Should Native Hawaiians and Native Alaskans be considered similar to Native Americans? In what ways?
- Explain the differences between actual and virtual representation. If you were a colonist, which would you have wanted? Why?
- The activism against Parliament started with non-violent means, including non-importation. It later turned violent. Why?