Using the Ten Principles to Analyze a Challenging Economic Issue
Ten Principles to Analyze a Challenging Economic
Throughout the course, you have been provided with videos and articles in This Week in Business News. Pick one of these articles/videos which deals with an economic challenge that interests you. It should be an article/video from which you learned the most, from which you got an insight that changed your mind, or with which you disagree.
Prepare a paper on this article/video in which you explain why you chose it. What made this issue important to you?
Then identify which of the Ten Principles this article relies on. Does this article/video reject any or all of the Ten Principles?
In your analysis of the article/video and the Ten Principles, be sure to rely on at least two high-quality professional or academic articles on the same issue.
This paper must include:
- Your introduction, summary and understanding of the initial article/video
- A short discussion of your research and conclusions you were able to draw from it.
- An explanation of what you learned and how you will use this new understanding.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Write an introduction for your paper explaining what the topic is, why the topic in the article/video is important to you, and why you think others should try to understand it.
- Write at least one paragraph summarizing the key points made in the article/video.
- Identify and explain how Mankiw’s 10 Principles are foundational to the issues discussed in the article/video.
- Find two other high-quality professional or academic quality articles on the same topic. Identify what these articles contribute to understanding the topic or issue and whether they agree, do not agree, or somewhat agree/disagree with the initial article.
- Write a conclusion that explains what you learned about the topic and what conclusion you draw from your research on the topic.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA formatting. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.