Faced with a growing rate of teenage pregnancies in high schools some administrators have decided to distribute condoms in high schools.
Growing rate of teenage pregnancies
Read article in attachment then answer the following question listed below
1. Faced with a growing rate of teenage pregnancies in high schools some administrators have decided to distribute condoms in high schools. If you were a parent in one of these schools would you agree with this decision? Explain your answer…
2. Given the fact that much of the burden of unwanted pregnancies and diseases falls on the respective state. Does the state has the moral authority to impose its own ethical thinking on the society or on a particular student? Discuss
3. Dr. Elders did not recall the condoms nor issue public warnings upon learning about the problems with the condoms…Is this unethical? Discuss
4. Dr. Elders explained that “it was better that a few young people use defective condoms than that all young people lose their trust in condoms and, perhaps choose not to use them at all”. Do you agree with Dr. Elder’s reasoning? What approach to ethics did she embrace here? Explain
5. Is it ever okay to deceive the public even if such deception is aimed at achieving the greater good for the society? Discuss