International Marketing – Netflix:Research Netflix and construct a time line that describes their success/failure and performance in the international market from 2010 to 2016.
International Marketing – Netflix
Achieve the following guidelines:The paper clearly addresses all aspects of the assignment and has a thoughtful thesis that is developed thoroughly and consistently. The paper also includes a fully developed, interesting introduction and a strong conclusion, and the body develops the main idea in a sharply focused, coherent fashion that includes the use of appropriate transitions. The style and tone of the writing are consistent and reflect the standards required of the profession, and the audience is properly and consistently addressed. The writing reflects the standards of written English and displays almost no errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, or mechanics. The content of the paper is well reasoned and reflects the highest standards of analysis expected in the discipline. Solid independent thinking is evident. Sources provide excellent, appropriate support for the thesis, and the sources are accurately represented. The paper also recognizes and admirably addresses other points of view. Both in-text and bibliographic sources are properly documented.
Netflix entered the international market in 2010 when they started streaming to Canada; they now serve over 190 countries. This assignment is about Netflix’s marketing strategy and performance*.
Compile the following into a paper:
1. Research Netflix and construct a time line that describes their success/failure and performance in the international market from 2010 to 2016.
2. Analyze how the events noted in the time line have defined Netflix’s international strategic direction and performance. Be critical and provocative in your analysis of Netflix’s experience and when formulating your observations and conclusions.
3. Describe your observations and conclusions. Include the facts and explain their significance as viewed through the marketing lens; describe what the events in the time line tell us about Netflix’s international marketing strategy.
4. Summarize by identifying 5 lessons you have learned about international marketing from Netflix’s experience.
5. Remember to cite your sources. For this assignment, you are not limited to scholarly references. It is OK to use You Tube, WSJ, Bloomberg’s, Fortune or any other business/marketing related source.