Internal and External Environmental Analysis; Primary Internal Considerations for the Development of a Strategic Plan.
Internal and External Environmental Analysis
Purpose of Assignment
Students will have the opportunity to research a company and industry to conceptualize forming a new division of an existing company based on a new product or service. The assigned text and Strategic Planning Outline serve as a guide to complete sections of the capstone project each week. This will allow the student to lay the basic foundation for an effective strategic plan.
Develop a minimum 1,400 to 1,600maximum word count proposal in which you explain the importance of innovation in your selected division’s vision, mission, and values, and determine your business model for this new division.
Including the following:
– Propose a new product or service for the new company division. The division should be customer-focused with an innovative mission statement. Ensure you are differentiating your product or service.
– Describe how the division addresses customer needs and achieves competitive advantage.
– Create a vision and a business model for this new division that clearly demonstrates your decision on what you want your business to become in the future.
– Explain how the vision, mission, and value of the new division align with the company’s mission and vision.
– Summarize how the vision, mission, and values for your division in the context of culture, social responsibility, and ethics.
Cite a minimum of two peer-references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Introductions, conclusions, and APA headings are required in all written assignments in this course. Papers must adhere to writing guidelines for 400-level papers. Cite any resource material used in completion of the paper. The introduction shall briefly, and clearly, convey the purpose of the paper. Ensure that the new product or service is clearly stated in the introduction. Papers found to be plagiarized will receive an automatic zero and an academic violation report will be filed. Make sure to use in-text citations and reference any and all resource material.
Strategic Planning Outline
I. Title Page
II. Table of Contents
III. Executive Summary
IV. Strategic Plan Part 1: New Business Division of an Existing Company; Vision, Mission, and Value Proposition
V. Strategic Plan Part 2: SWOTT Analysis – Internal and External Environmental Analysis; Primary Internal Considerations for the Development of a Strategic Plan.
VI. Strategic Plan Part 3: Assumptions, Risk and Change Management Plan; Summary of Strategic Objectives; Corporate Social Responsibility: Balanced Score Card and its impact on stakeholders; the Communication Plan
VII. Strategies and Tactics Section
IX. Reference Page