Finding And Understanding Interactions And Relationships Among The Four Earth’s Spheres
The Four Earth’s Spheres
When writing this essay, be aware that your work has to show significant effort, creative thought, and research from sources inside the modules. Use APA style citations within the text and complete references in your reference page.
This assignment will be a 750-1000 word (3 page) essay. It must include:
- A title page, including the title of your essay, your name, the course, and the date
- 3 pages of text
- Include in-text citations for all quotations and any information paraphrased from sources. Only ideas from your brain do not need citations! Please see the
- A reference page with complete references in APA style.
Topic: We wish to bring together all the things you have learned in this course. Thus, please address the following questions in your essay:
- What is the “take away message” from this course regarding the identification of reliable sources of scientific information? Give specific examples from the course readings.
- What have you learned about the job (both good and bad) popular publications, such as newspapers, magazines, and websites, do in “translating” scientific research into articles targeting the average reader? Identify specific characteristics you look for to determine the reliability of these popular publications. Give specific examples from the course readings.
- What have you learned about locating and evaluating reliable scientific sources, such as publications from government agencies, international agencies, and professional scientific organizations? Identify specific characteristics you look for to determine their reliability. Give specific examples from the course readings.
- Identify at least two scientific topics from the course that you feel you have learned more about and, if possible, where your experiences in this course have changed your mind about those topics. Give specific examples from the course readings.