Applying Physical Security to Networks:Evaluate the role that physical security plays in effective network and operating system security..
Physical Security to Networks
Security professionals and network administrators alike understand the importance of physical security in the overall security layers that protect the network. Having physical access to network cable or network devices is typically all that is necessary to disrupt or damage the information assets of an organization. Historically, the responsibility for the network and responsibility for the physical security of a facility have been separate duties done by separate individuals who report through separate leadership. Increasingly, however, there are connections being made between these two areas of responsibility, and there is heightened recognition of the need to coordinate these efforts.
Use the study materials and engage in any additional research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 2–3 page paper that covers the following topics:
- Evaluate the role that physical security plays in effective network and operating system security.
- Analyze the components of an effective physical security framework appropriate for use in an organization.
- Apply physical security controls as part of a secure network design in an organization.
- Explore the relationship between traditional “guns, gates, and guards” security and the physical security responsibilities of information security professionals.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 2–3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.