Health Information System Case Selection and Proposal: Evaluate the needs that are present within your selected case study as it applies to your “ABC Health Care” organization.
Health Information System Case Selection and Proposal
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 1 through 3 from the Wager, Lee, & Glaser (2017) text, the article by Hemmat, Ayatollahi, Maleki, & Saghafi (2017), and Quality Improvement Student Project Proposal (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
For this assignment, you will select one case from Chapter 14 in your textbook which all your weekly assignments will be based upon.
You will propose how the particular health information system used in your selected case would be applicable in a health care organization of your choice. Refer to your chosen organization as “[ABC] Health Care.” You will be expanding on your selection in the assignments for Weeks 2 through 5, and putting all of your assignments together to create a Final Presentation in Week 6. You will use a proposal form provided here to complete this assignment. (Click on QUALITY IMPROVEMENT STUDENT PROJECT PROPOSAL (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to view a sample TMIT students’ proposal. While this sample doesn’t match the proposal form exactly, it will help give you an idea of what a proposal should look like.)
- Evaluate the needs that are present within your selected case study as it applies to your “ABC Health Care” organization.
- Examine the practices from your selected case study that confirm or contradict that data is complete, accurate, consistent, timely, secure, and fit for use.
- Compare and contrast the different types of data and information generated by the health care organization in your case.
The Health Information System Case Selection and Proposal paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Proposal
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly or peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.