What does intercultural communication mean to you?
Part 1: Short Paragraph
Instructions: Respond to each question below with at least 150 words, using complete sentences. Additionally, include an example from the reading materials that supports your position.
1. What does intercultural communication mean to you?
2. Define subcultures and co-cultures. Give examples of each.(Note for info: Remember to accurately use these terms throughout the course, being specific if you are discussing a culture, subculture or co-culture!)
3. What are some reasons and approaches behind mastering intercultural communication?
Part 2: Intercultural Encounters Activity
Instructions: Describe and analyze a recent intercultural encounter with someone of a different age, ethnicity, race, or religion. In at least 450 words (total for Part 2), respond and include details to the following questions:
1. Briefly describe the person and the place.
2. How were you changed by the encounter?
3. What do you wish you had known to better deal with this intercultural encounter?
Copyright © XXXX by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.