A hospital has hired you as a consultant to recommend a tablet for their employees to use, with these parameters:
Imagine the following scenario: A hospital has hired you as a consultant to recommend a tablet for their employees to use, with these parameters:
- The hospital provides wifi access to their patients and staff.
- The staff uses a cart with a computer on it to enter in patient data; the cart is bulky and hard to maneuver.
- The hospital is seeking better alternatives to the computer cart.
- The hospital staff carries Cisco IP phones so that they are easily reachable.
- The network is fully operational and connects to the Internet.
- The hospital has asked you to write a 3â€“5 page white paper recommending the best tablet for their employees. As your write your white paper:
- Discuss potential security issues with iPads, Android, and Windows 8 tablets.
- Consider laws and regulations related to health care and IT, such as HIPAA regulations. Consider the local and global implications of your choices.
- Compare the pros and cons of different types of tablets as a hardware device.
- Compare the pros and cons of different types of tablets in regard to the operating system.
- Consider the different peripherals used to connect to the devices. The hospital requires these devices to be able to use a keyboard and mouse, and to connect to an external monitor (HDMI port).
- After reviewing all of these considerations, provide a recommendation to the hospital about the device you recommend. Include your reasoning as to why you selected the device you did.
- Describe how the concepts and activities presented in the labs this week relate to this assignment.