The Thucydides Trap: Are the U.S. and China Headed for War?
The Thucydides Trap
Write a 1,500- to 2,000-word response of the idea presented by Allison, that the US and China are headed to an inevitable conflict. Consider both Allison’s original article, his statement “The preeminent geostrategic challenge of this era is not violent Islamic extremists or a resurgent Russia. It is the impact that China’s ascendance will have on the U.S.-led international order, which has provided unprecedented great-power peace and prosperity for the past 70 years.” Provide consideration of Waldron’s counter-arguments to Allison in your paper.
1. The Thucydides Trap: Are the U.S. and China Headed for War?
GRAHAM ALLISON is the director of the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Microsoft Word document (Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced), 4 Chicago-style citations. Ensure to add Thesis Statements.
1) answer the question and don’t deviate off course;
2) have a well-defined thesis that is stated clearly near the beginning of the paper;
3) provide arguments that support your thesis and provide a recommendation or conclusion;
4) specifically and fairly identify an opposing point of view or weakness in your argument (some say what if I’m wrong) in at least a full paragraph and then counter that argument in the next paragraph,
5) conclude the paper with a thorough summary, and
6) write a well-organized paper using proper grammar and spelling.