Using organizational behavior theory, discuss how the theory might be applied practically to manage employee behavior to bring about positive, constructive change to the noted problem.
organizational behavior theory
You are an organizational change consultant who has been hired to address a current problem within an organization. In addition to defining and justifying the problem, you must also apply organizational behavior theory to bring about positive change regarding the problem.
Complete the following:
- Consider an organization with which you have past or present experience and for which you can make a case. Define a problem, past or present for that organization.
- Using a combination of trade industry materials and/or personal communication with industry leaders/managers, justify the problem (i.e., provide enough detail to prove the existence and significance of the problem). Use appropriate academic peer-reviewed literature to support your argument.
- Using organizational behavior theory, discuss how the theory might be applied practically to manage employee behavior to bring about positive, constructive change to the noted problem.
- Explicitly include in your case a discussion of the following aspects of systems theory:
- The climate and types of cultures likely to be encountered, and the types of systems to be considered based on the organization’s cultural climate
- Employee motivation, including factors of motivation (such as planning and communication) and the types of motivation present within the organization
- Possible employee satisfaction issues regarding development and implementation of a change plan to address the noted problem
Write a well-argued, 3–4-page paper in Word format. Note: The title page, references, and appendices are not included in the page count.
General Internet sources will NOT be accepted as references. Acceptable references include: the trade journal(s) noting the problem, and peer-reviewed journal articles are to be used to support your position and theoretical constructs.