Business office at an University
Organization – Business office at an University
- Business office provides oversight for financial and accounting resources and collects fees associated with tuition and room and board. It provides services like accounts payable, bursar/collections, grants and contracts accounting, student accounting, liaison for current faculty, staff, students and prospective employees with regard to travel and travel credit cards and record keeping with regard to accuracy and integrity of the University books and also represented by the associate vice president/controller for Business and Finance, who is responsible for the control and safeguarding of University assets.
Period – Summer
Position – Accounting Intern
Report – including following headings
- Describe and identify -2 pages
What does the organization set out to do?
How does the organization fit into other organization and the community?
Skills that I bring
- Theoretical knowledge
Skills that I acquire
- Technical skills
My role begins and Tasks that I did
Initially I was given to read the software manual name called Colleague which is used by my organization to do all the accounts.
After that, I was doing all these things
- Spreadsheet for payroll reconciliation
- Record SALARY, WAGES & BENEFITS
- Record CASH AND CHECK PAYMENTS
- Make JOURNEL ENTRIES
- Enter the IRS PAYMENTS and make sure that paid amount and actual amounts are equal.
STUDENT ACCOUNT RECEIVABLES RECONCILATIONS
- There are different student account receivables, those are Fund 10 student receivable, fund 11 student receivable likewise 12,19,20,50,51,52
- Export the monthly balances from ENTRINSIK INFORMER (DATA STORAGE)
- Spreadsheet for student reconciliation
- Enter the account balances for all fund accounts
- Enter the journal entries and make sure debit and credit sides are balanced
CREDIT CARDS RECONCILATIONS
- monthly bank statements – American Express and Chase
- Distribute the expenses for related accounts
- Analysis the expenses and add both Amex and chase credit cards’ total
- Create journal entries and make sure both sides are balanced.
- Reflect – 2 pages
How was my experience
What did I learn?
- Communication skills
- Time management,
Evaluate the experience
- Analyze 1 pages
Barriers and obstacles
Successes, initiatives I introduced
- Connect – 1 pages
Summarize the experience and connect it to the classes.
- Reconciliations – intermediate accounting
- Accounting theory and terms – advanced accounting theory
- Tax – Tax research