How to Find Articles for the ‘Earth Science in Action
Earth Science in Action
Complete the following step-by-step process:
1. Watch the presentation entitled “How to Find Articles for the ‘Earth Science in Action’ Assignment” in the Reading & Study folder for Module/Week 4.
2. Explore the following 3 websites which are also available in the Reading & Study folder for Module/Week 4:
3. Find 1 article that interests you from 1 of the links above. Do NOT choose 1 article from each link.
4. Read the article and take notes.
5. Write a thread that addresses the following questions related to your chosen article:
a. What is the title of the article?
b. What is the web address for the article?
c. Who is(are) the author(s)?
d. What is(are) the topic(s) covered in the article?
e. What new information have scientists found?
f. Why is this new information important?
g. What impact will this new information have on mankind and/or on science?
h. What drew you to this article? That is, why did you find this article interesting?
1. The article chosen must have been written within the last 5 years.
2. If you cannot answer all of the questions above, then you must choose another article.
3. Do not look for the shortest article as it will most likely not contain sufficient information for this assignment.
4. Be sure you do not merely list and answer the questions above. You must construct a well-written thread in narrative format with an introduction and conclusion. The following outline is recommended:
a. Introductory paragraph (include article title, web address, author(s), and topic(s) covered)
b. Paragraph discussing the new information found, why this information is important, and how this information will impact mankind and/or science
c. Paragraph discussing your interest in the article
d. Concluding paragraph
5. Be sure to reference your article in a bibliography using current APA format. Also, provide in-text citations, as appropriate.