What issues of hierarchy and autonomy are especially important as we strive to understand provider-provider communication
Issues of hierarchy and autonomy
Please answer six of the following questions thoroughly. Each question is worth a possible 25 pts., so your answers should be of commensurate length and depth.
- What issues of hierarchy and autonomy are especially important as we strive to understand provider-provider communication. Please give examples.
- Explain the key theories that help us understand leadership in health organizations. What theory makes the most sense to you?
- What are the key factors that must be understood to facilitate effective risk management in health organizations? Give examples of risk management problems facing health organizations?
- Most people think of medical malpractice as primarily a medical issue. Explain how it is really a communication issue. Make clear the relationships between malpractice litigation and communicative processes.
- What is palliative care? What role does it play in end-of-life? What other communication concerns are important at the end-of-life?
- What issues must be confronted as we think about changing the culture of health care in the US? What role does communication play in this process? Which of these issues do you think will be most difficult to confront?