A popular brand of body wash upped the ante by using Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger, as the endorser who also sang a Brazilian-inspired reinterpretation of Duran Duran’s Rio.
Popular brand of body wash
Marketers are innovative when it comes to product positioning. They have to be. Analyzing and selecting a positioning strategy can mean the difference between success and failure for a new or existing product. Product endorsers have been an integral part of marketing for centuries. Popular music has become a major part of ad campaigns. Song selection coupled with a product endorser for a multiplatform campaign is a way to differentiate from other brands. Two examples include the following:
- A popular brand of body wash upped the ante by using Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger, as the endorser who also sang a Brazilian-inspired reinterpretation of Duran Duran’s Rio.
- Then, there is a shampoo company that launched a global brand campaign that features mega star Madonna and is the first of its kind using an artist of such stature to launch a global brand.
For the purpose of this discussion create a new consumer product and then discuss the following questions.
- How will you define your target market? What preliminary information will be helpful?
- Who would you select as an endorser for your campaign? What song would you use? Explain the rationale behind your choices.
- Discuss your competition and how you are both poised to compete and differentiate.