Define Schein’s three behavioral profile roles during team entry and identify how the profiles are demonstrated in the case.
schein’s three behavioral profile
Write a paper (1600 words) in which you address the following based on the information provided in the “West Coast Transit Case Study” resource.
- Define the three criteria for evaluating effective team/group work (as stated in the reading this week) and analyze whether the “team” assembled by Bernie Hollis and Pete Denson is effective or not.
- Provide a review of each of Tuckman’s five stages of group formation and identify what stage(s) are evident in the case. Explain your answer.
- Define Schein’s three behavioral profile roles during team entry and identify how the profiles are demonstrated in the case. Explain your answer.
- Was the communication among the participants in the case effective or not? Justify your answer (this is not just an opinion).
- The Organizational Behavior textbook describes two main types of conflict. Define them and then describe the type (s) of conflict that are evident in the case.
- Propose how Denson should manage the conflict in this case using one direct conflict management and one indirect conflict management approach? Explain your response.
- Identify one specific task leadership activity and one specific maintenance activity that should be encouraged. Identify the most significant disruptive behavior that should be discouraged.
- Identify the most obvious individual motivational problems experienced by Jing, Mahonney, and Tanney. How should Denson motivate each person? Be sure to provide a specific motivational suggestion for each person based on that person’s motivational needs. Ensure that at you have at least one suggestions from each of the motivational theories/techniques (content theories, process theories, and reinforcement strategies).