Use data such as number or quantity of the product in the market, frequency of use, or social and economic benefits to support your choice.
Product in the market, frequency of use, or social and economic benefits
In today’s complex global economy and with the added demands created by increased population growth, it seems that the world community is in desperate need for sustainable solutions to our environmental issues. Since environmental degradation affects economic opportunities and reduces health standards, we must take an active role in creating and implementing sustainable solutions, placing sustainable development at the center of economic, environmental, and social goals. Recycling, energy alternatives, carpooling, and consuming less are examples of sustainable approaches and solutions.
For your course project, research one or more consumer products that are unsustainable for at least one of the reasons below:
- It is adding to the pollution of the environment.
- Its environmental cost outweighs its social and economic benefits.
- It needs modification in the design: size, shape, shipping methods, or material used for shipping the product.
- The product has been scientifically proven to be a hazard to humans and the environment.
- Lacks guidance on proper disposal after usage or has no indication on its effects on living systems in the environment.
Your product(s) of choice must be appropriately studied and researched through visiting the university library, your local library, or credible Internet sites.
Write a paper describing the product and why you believe it needs sustainable solutions. Use data such as number or quantity of the product in the market, frequency of use, or social and economic benefits to support your choice. Establish a valid argument that this product needs improvement in order to address environmental and health concerns.
Once you have made your argument, you will take action by finding the president or CEO of the company that manufactures the product, to whom you will write a letter of concern. Your letter must be at the end of your paper, but it also must be sent by the end of Week 5 so that in the final draft you will be able to provide the response or scanned letter and envelope submitted.
Research Paper Writing Requirements (APA format)
- 5-7 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- References page (minimum of 8 scholarly resources)
- No abstract needed