Define the Target Market – Who do you want to watch the commercial and buy your product, donate to your charity
Define the Target Market
To organize your video presentation by identifying the various required components.
The outline will cover the basic elements of your Final Presentation.
The outline should contain:
1. The Product/Service/Charity/Business you have selected.
2. Website where this commercial will be viewed.
3. Define the Target Market – Who do you want to watch the commercial and buy your product, donate to your charity, etc. See below.
Choose specific demographics to target that apply.
Figure out not only who has a need for your product or service, but also who is most likely to buy it. Think about the following factors:
- Income level
- Education level
- Marital or family status
- Ethnic background
Discuss the psychographics of your target.
Psychographics are the more personal characteristics of a person, including:
– Determine how your product or service will fit into your target’s lifestyle.
– How and when will your target use the product?
– What features are most appealing to your target?
– What media does your target turn to for information?
– Does your target read the newspaper, search online, or attend particular events?
Evaluate your decision.
Once you’ve decided on a target market, be sure to consider these questions:
- Are there enough people who fit my criteria?
- Will my target really benefit from my product/service? Will they see a need for it?
- Do I understand what drives my target to make decisions?
- Can they afford my product/service?
- Can I reach them with my message? Are they easily accessible?
4. The opening – How will you grab the audience attention?
5. The basic elements of the presentation: (Product shots, testimonials, endorsements, graphs, etc.) If you are including statistics, what is your goal to establish?
6. Your music selection (required)
7. The Call to Action – How and where will the prospect buy or donate? This should be very specific.