Long-Term Detention:Describe the forms of detention facilities available in your state. Are they publicly or privately run?
The primary forms of long-term detention are boot camps, ranches, forestry camps, training schools, reception, and diagnostic centers.
Unlike their short-term counterparts, which are designed to house youths for a couple of weeks, long-term detention typically provides housing for delinquent youths for thirty days or longer.
Prepare a 3- to 5-page brief report on the points mentioned below and document your sources.
- Describe the forms of detention facilities available in your state. Are they publicly or privately run? Give reasons for your answer.
- Explain whether these detention facilities offer any special training or education. Give reasons for your answer.
- Describe whether these detention facilities cater to a specific type of delinquent youth. Give reasons for your answer.
- Indicate how long these detention facilities have been in operation.
- Summarize any statistics that these detention facilities offer to describe their effectiveness in meeting their organization goals. Explain whether these goals reach the expectations defined by the organizations.