Practice with CSS and Tables:Create three columns that contain the headers Course Number, Course Name, and Instructor Name..
Practice with CSS and Tables
For this assignment, you will create a web page by writing HTML code for a table listing and describing the courses that you are taking this semester, planning to take, or have already taken. Then, you will develop a 1–2 page summary paper.
Part I: Web Page Table Creation
In your web page:
- Create three columns that contain the headers Course Number, Course Name, and Instructor Name.
- Create the first row of the table using the tags.
- Use the table row grouping tags <thead> and <tbody> in your table.
- Use cascading style sheet (CSS) to style the table border and background color.
- Write descriptions of your courses under each column heading.
- Verify the code by submitting it to W3C validator. Present a proof of successful validation (such as a screenshot).
- In order to create a screenshot, press PrtScn on your keyboard. This will capture the entire screen and copy it to the clipboard. Then, open a program such as Microsoft Paint or Microsoft Word and press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot into the application.
Part II: Summary Paper
Develop a 1–2 page summary paper and respond to the following points:
- Summarize the reasons why CSS and tables should be included in the overall design of the website.
- Determine and justify the general time and costs relating to implementing the above changes to the website. Time and costs can be estimated, but valid support is required to justify the expense to management.
Note: Your summary paper should utilize at least three scholarly or professional sources (beyond your textbook). Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., in APA format); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, save your web page as M4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.html and the summary paper as M4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and submit them to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsCreated a web page by writing HTML code, including column headers and row titles. Ensured that table rows contain grouping tags <thead> and <tbody>.32Wrote descriptions under each heading of the columns pertaining to your courses.8Created a style of the table border and background color by using CSS.8Verified the code and provided a proof of successful validation.12Summarized in a paper the reasons why CSS and tables should be included in the overall design of the website.8Determined and justified the general time and costs related to implementing the changes to the website.12Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Wrote all citations in APA format.20Total:100