Collaborative Learning Community (CLC)
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Write a 750-1,000 word paper that explains the root cause analysis process that the health care organization would use and perform a root cause analysis. Quality improvement requires multiple perspectives to identify root causes and develop optimal solutions for success. Root cause analysis is most effective when performed collaboratively.
As a team, select a health care organization that is currently having a severe adverse occurrence reported. Select an area within your organization to perform a root cause analysis that includes but is not limited to the following:
- Medication errors. (drug reactions)
Prior to creating the root cause analysis consider the following in a collaborative setting that allows for dialogue.
- What are the major root causes and the impact of the adverse occurrence?
- Which stakeholders are relevant to your adverse effect? Why?
- What information is needed to perform a root cause analysis?
- Which tool would you use to create a root cause analysis? Why?
After the root cause analysis is complete address the following questions: IS ATTACHED
- What other kinds of information would be helpful? Why?
- What approach did the team take?
- What information did you use in your root cause analysis?
Include three to five references, to in your analysis.