Ethics In Communication
Begin this assignment by reviewing any feedback provided by your instructor on your previous writing assignments in the course. In this draft of the final paper, you should carefully read and apply the writing and content requirements for your final paper that are outlined for you below. Make certain all writing and content elements are included in your draft paper before you submit it for credit.
- The final research paper should be 7-9 pages in total, which includes both the title and reference pages.
- The paper should include a title page, an introduction to your topic, and a thesis, which is the focus of your paper. In the body of the paper, you should include observations about the topic that you’ve researched as well as information about your knowledge of professional codes of ethics. Lastly, include a reference page.
- Please provide headings for each of the sections in the paper.
- 7 credible sources should appear on the reference list.
- Be certain to provide in-text citations in the body of your paper to identify the sources of information.
- Use transition sentences or paragraphs to guide the reader from one section of the paper to the next.
- Write for an audience that is not familiar with your topic or ethical theories. You should provide definitions, examples, or explanations to assist their understanding.
- Lastly, after you receive feedback on your draft, please list at the end of your final paper the areas that you tried to improve. Important: you must demonstrate that you have revised your paper given the feedback from your instructor. Points will be deducted if you do not provide this list.
- On page 1, your title page should contain the title of your paper and your name. On page 2, begin your introduction.
- In your introduction, you should briefly summarize your paper topic and specific aspects of ethical communication your paper covers. You should create a thesis, which must appear as the last sentence of your introduction. It articulates in one sentence the aim or focus of your paper.
- In the body of the paper, you should include the following items:
- Identify and define one or more ethical theories or concepts that apply to your topic.
- Discuss what others have written about this particular topic or issues related to this topic.
- Identify and cite codes of ethics that you examined that apply to your topic.
- Explain how the codes of ethics may have (1) helped identify ethical issues related to your topic and/or (2) provided guidance in making decisions about ethical communication related to your topic.
- In your summary, you could include the following:
- Consider and reflect on how individual cultural differences may impact the perspectives of your ethical communication topic. For example, how might people of different genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, religious beliefs, etc. see the topic differently depending on their culture? How might these perspectives relate to one or more of the five key ethical values of truth, justice, freedom, care, and integrity?
- Reflect on your personal observations based on your personal code of ethics. How does your personal code of ethics impact your perspective on the topic?
- Conclude by summarizing one or more recommendations you feel are important for others to consider about aspects related to your topic that they might encounter in their lives.
- Please create page numbers for all pages, including your reference page. Your reference section should contain an alphabetical listing of each of the sources you used for the paper, formatted in APA style.