Pacific: Team Charter
Pacific: Team Charter (Paper or Presentation)
In this assignment, you will create a Team Charter for the Pacific team. The Team Charter will include at a minimum the following sections:
- Provide the background that resulted in the team being formed.
- Purpose and Scope
- Describe the purpose for forming the team. Briefly describe the scope, goals, objectives, and anticipated outcomes.
- Team Composition and Member Roles
- List the name of each team member using fictional names for confidentiality purposes. Identify the experience of each team member and recognize any specialized knowledge which may be relevant to the project.
- Team Operations
- Describe how the team plans to function. Present your team ‘rules’ or guidelines for communication and decision making. Discuss how the team will deal with conflict including what communication behaviors will allow for constructive conflict management.
- Team Performance Assessment
- Identify major activities, outcomes, and time lines. Document performance milestones needed for team success.
- Create an acknowledgement statement. Indicate that all members of the team have agreed with the charter and are committed to the responsibilities indicated in the document.
The Charter should be supported by outside sources as appropriate. For example, the member roles, operations, and performance assessment sections would be strengthened by support from outside sources.
Your completed assignment must adhere to the following parameters:
- Be a 2- to 3-page paper (not including title and reference pages) or a 5- to 8-minute presentation (presentation tools such as Prezi, GoogleSlides, PowerPoint, Keynote, or others can be used).
- Be supported by a minimum of three credible, academic or professional sources. Remember, you must support your thinking and prior knowledge with references, even in a video presentation.
- Include an APA style reference list at the end of the paper or with your presentation file.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be found in the Module 1 folder.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.