Understand wave characteristics and transients on transmisison lines
1- Understand wave characteristics and transients on transmisison lines
2. Design and analyze microstrip and coaxial transmission lines.
3. Understand the basic quantities, rules of operation, fundamental relations, and applicaitons
of electrostatics and magnetostatics.
4. Apply vector calculus to solve problems in electrostatics and magnetostatics.
5. Apply MATLAB to solve and visualize electromagnetic fields.
6. Solve closed electrostatic boundary value problems using the finite element technique.
7. Apply Faraday’s Law of Electromagnetic Induction to predict how time-varying magnetic
fields interact with electric circuits to produce electromotive force (EMF).
8. Understand skin and proximity effects for AC circuits.
9. Understand time-varying fields and Maxwell’s equations.
10. Understand the basic electromagnetic principles behind circuit theory and devices (including
KVL, KCL, batteries, resistors, capacitors, and inductors