Identify the major revenue model – advertising, subscription, transaction fee, sales, or affiliate – the company relies upo
Major revenue model
1. Go to coinschedule.com.
2. Review the Live Token Sales and ICOs.
3. Choose a desired company for analysis (Be sure the company provides a ‘White Paper).
4. Read or skim through the company’s white paper or visit the company’s website and answer the following questions below regarding its proposed business plan/model.
5. Descriptions of the Eight Key Elements of a Business Model, Major B2C models, and Major B2B models are on pages 56 to 84 in the E-commerce 2017 text.
6. Provide a 2-page maximum write-up and be sure to include subject headings for each of the eight key elements as shown below.
o 1 point – Identify the general e-commerce model (B2C, B2B, or other). If applicable then identify the specific type as described in chapter 2.2/2.3 (etailer, e-distributor, or other).
24 points – Describe the eight key elements of the business model:
● Value proposition (3 points)
○ 1 point – What is the product/service?
○ 1 point – How does this product/service fulfill customer needs or desires?
○ 1 point – Why would a customer choose to do business with this firm rather than another organization?
● Revenue model (3 points)
○ 1 point – Identify the major revenue model – advertising, subscription, transaction fee, sales, or affiliate – the company relies upon.
○ 2 points – Explain your choice.
● Market opportunity (3 points)
○ 1 point – Identify the overall market. (Describe in numeric/financial terms; see pages 62 and 63.)
○ 1 point – What niches are within this market? Where does the company fit?
○ 1 point – What is the size of the firm’s realistic market opportunity? (Describe in numeric/financial terms.) (Describe in numeric/financial terms; see pages 62 and 63.)
● Competitive environment (3 points)
○ 2 points – Describe a top direct competitor, including its market share, profitability, and product pricing.
○ 1 point – Identify a top indirect competitor.
● Competitive advantage (3 points)
○ 1 point – Identify whether the firm is achieving competitive advantage based on product quality, price, scope, or a combination of such factors.
○ 2 points – Describe the competitive advantage using terms from the book. ● Market strategy (3 points)
○ 3 points – Summarize the firm’s market strategy.
● Organizational development (3 points)
○ 1 point – Describe the organizational structure.
○ 2 points – What is the plan for growth, if any? How can the organization scale?
● Management team (3 points)
○ 1 point – Identify the members of the top level of management.