A pharmacist-led information technology intervention for medication errors
The goal of this TEAM assignment is to design an intervention that aims to improve the safety of
prescribing and/or medication management in ambulatory settings.
Attached is the main report from The Pincer Trial: “A pharmacist-led information technology
intervention for medication errors (PINCER): a multicentre, cluster randomised, controlled trial and
The TEAM assignment presentation date is Wednesday, October 10, 2018 from 9am-12pm EDT.
SQIL Education Program staff will liaise with you regarding identifying a time-slot for presentation.
Structure of the presentation:
• The presentation should take no more than 8 minutes to deliver (10 slides maximum)
• Present the background and rationale for the prescribing and/or medication management
errors that you chose to focus on
• Describe the intervention and how it will be delivered
• Describe the approach to evaluation
• How will you assess whether the approach worked?
• Discuss what factors need to be considered in deciding whether or not to scale-up the
intervention across a health system/region/country