Discuss the lasting impact of the Vietnam era on foreign policy
Write a five-page paper discussing America’s global engagement in and after the Vietnam War era.
This assessment allows you to demonstrate your understanding of the U.S. geopolitical focus in a particular time frame.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 4: Discuss the lasting impact of the Vietnam era on foreign policy.
Discuss America’s post-Vietnam global security role.
Describe the effect of the Vietnam War on the American psyche.
Discuss how the Vietnam War affected America’s military engagements.
Discuss Nixon’s decision to engage China.
Discuss America’s changing geopolitical focus.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
Write a five-page examination of America’s global engagement in and after the Vietnam era. Address the following in your examination:
- Did America become the “world’s policeman” after the Vietnam War? Provide examples.
- Describe the consequences of the Vietnam War’s outcome on the nation’s self-confidence and self-image. How was this manifested in our foreign policy?
- Investigate how the Vietnam War affected America’s decisions to enter into future military engagements in Iraq and Afghanistan. Were there engagements that America avoided because of our Vietnam experience?
- Examine the Vietnam War’s impact on Nixon’s decision to engage China.
- How did the America’s geopolitical focus change as a result of the Vietnam War?
- Written communication:Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting:Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources:Minimum of one peer-reviewed resource.
- Length of paper:Five typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size:Times New Roman, 12 point.