Examine the evolution of pop culture and its influence on American life
Write a five-page analysis on the evolution and impact of American pop culture.
This assessment allows you to demonstrate your understanding of how culture shapes and is shaped by politics and society.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 5: Examine the evolution of pop culture and its influence on American life.
Examine the cultural impact of the 1960’s peace movement.
Examine how media and pop culture influence one another.
Compare cultures of different eras.
Analyze the impact of technology on pop culture.
Analyze music’s effect on pop culture.
Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
Write a five-page analysis on the evolution and impact of popular culture. Be sure to address the following in your analysis:
- Analyze the impacts that the 1960’s peace movement and cultural icons (such as Bob Dylan, the Beatles, and so on) had on one another.
- Consider one of the decades after 1950 and discuss the major influences media and pop culture had on one another.
- Compare today’s pop culture with that of the 1960’s.
- Analyze how technology has shaped pop culture in America. Cite specific examples.
- Analyze the impact of music on popular culture. You may pick a particular era or type of music to discuss.
- Written communication:Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting:Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources:Minimum of one peer-reviewed resource.
- Length of paper:Five typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size:Times New Roman. 12 point.